UT Board of Trustees Holds Winter Meeting Feb. 28-29 in Memphis
February 20, 2012
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Feb. 28-29 in Memphis.
The full board's meeting will begin at 1 p.m. CST, Wednesday, Feb. 29, in the O.D. Larry Dining Hall in the Student Alumni Center at the UT Health Science Center.
The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing. For a link to the webcast, go to www.tennessee.edu.
Agenda items include:
- President's report
- Governing board certification for Ohio Valley Conference for UT Martin
- Bylaw amendments to create a Health Affairs Committee
- Revised FY 2012 operating budget
- Proposal to increase the University's contribution to the UT Research Foundation FY 2013 budget for support of research and economic
- development opportunities arising out of the UT Biofuels Initiative
- Agreements for development of Cherokee Farm research park
- Designation of UT Methodist Physicians, LLC, as a faculty practice plan for the College of Medicine in Memphis
- Revision of UT Martin traffic and parking regulations
- Use of proceeds from the lease and transfer of UT Medical Center
- Capital projects outside the budget process
- Real property transactions
- Naming a wing of a building on the Institute of Agriculture campus
- Grant of tenure under expedited procedures
Various board committees will meet Feb. 28-29. All meetings will be held in the O.D. Larry Dining Hall. Here is a schedule of their meetings:
Tuesday, Feb. 28
- 8:30 a.m. – Research, Outreach and Economic Development Committee
- 10 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
Wednesday, Feb. 29
- 8:30 a.m. – Advancement and Public Affairs Committee
- 10:15 a.m. – Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee
- 1 p.m. – Full Board
The meeting's full agenda and materials will be posted at http://bot.tennessee.edu/.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend these meetings may contact one of the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by e-mail, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Wednesday, Feb. 22.
Gina Stafford, (865) 974-0741, email@example.com
Elizabeth Davis, (865) 974-5179, firstname.lastname@example.org