UT Board of Trustees Holds Annual Meeting June 18-19 in Knoxville
June 11, 2014
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet June 18-19 in Knoxville.
The full board's meeting will begin at 1 p.m. EDT, Thursday, June 19, in Hollingsworth Auditorium on the Institute of Agriculture campus.
The Board of Trustees meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing. For a link to the webcast, go to http://www.tennessee.edu/.
Agenda items include:
- Adoption of honorary resolutions
- President’s remarks
- FY 2015 operating budget, student feed and tuition and compensation guidelines
- Performance goals and retention amount for UTC Chancellor Steve Angle under the performance and retention plan for executive officers
- President’s four-year comprehensive performance review of UTHSC Chancellor Steve Schwab
- Election and compensation of university officers
- Authorization for the vice chair to make committee and committee chair appointments
- Reappointment of UT members to the University Health System board of directors
- Policy on student programs and services fee
- TUAPA rule on use of university property
- TUAPA rule on use of university property by non-affiliated persons for free expression activities
- Report of the audit committee
- Resolution appointing a managerial group for U.S. government contracts
- Ratification of 2013-14 quasi-endowments
- FY 2015 distribution of UC Foundation unrestricted endowment funds
- UTHSC regional tuition rate program for the College of Pharmacy in Memphis
- Extension of UTC regional tuition rate program for undergraduates and graduates
- Alley transfers from city of Knoxville
- Annual report of sale of gift property
- President Emeritus agreement with Dr. Joseph E. Johnson
- The University of Tennessee diversity statement
- UT Knoxville faculty handbook revisions
- Revision of academic affairs and student success committee charter
- Tenure recommendations
- 2014 comprehensive listing of academic programs
- Authorization to confer degrees
- Naming of buildings at UT Knoxville and UT Martin
Various board committees will meet both days. All meetings will be held in Hollingsworth Auditorium. Here is a schedule of their meetings:
Wednesday, June 18
- 1 p.m. – Executive and Compensation Committee
- 1:45 p.m. – Research, Outreach, and Economic Development Committee
- 3:30 p.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
Thursday, June 19
- 8:30 a.m. – Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee
- 10:30 a.m. – Advancement and Public Affairs Committee
- 1 p.m. – Full Board
The meeting's full agenda and materials will be posted at http://bot.tennessee.edu/.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend these meetings may contact one of the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by e-mail, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Friday, June 13.
Gina Stafford, Assistant Vice President and Director of Communications,
(865) 974-0741, email@example.com
Elizabeth Davis, Assistant Director,
(865) 974-5179, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Tennessee System distributes this notice to all faculty and staff as part of its compliance with the adequate public notice requirement of the state's open meetings law.