UT Presidential Search Advisory Council Narrows List of Applicants to Be Considered
October 06, 2010
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Presidential Search Advisory Council on Wednesday narrowed the number of applicants being considered.
The University received 71 applications for president. With direction from the search firm Witt/Kieffer, the council discussed the credentials of 15 applicants.
Here is a list of the applicants discussed:
- Jerry Askew, senior vice president for external relations, Mercy Health Partners
- Joe DiPietro, chancellor, UT Institute of Agriculture
- Steve Dorman, dean, College of Health and Human Performance, University of Florida
- Randy Dunn, president, Murray State University
- Craig Fitzhugh, chairman and CEO of the Bank of Ripley and state legislator
- Yash Gupta, dean, Carey School of Business, Johns Hopkins University
- Howard Hall, UT-ORNL Governor's Chair in Global Nuclear Security
- Rhonda Jones, research assistant and instructor, UT Martin
- Robert McGrath, consultant for Battelle Memorial Institute
- Brian Noland, chancellor, West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
- Jay Noren, former president, Wayne State University
- Lt. Gen. John Regni, former superintendent, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Thomas Starnes, chairman and CEO, Inflexis, LLC
- Roy M. Wilson, chancellor emeritus, University of Colorado-Denver
- J. Lacey Smith, interim dean, College of Medicine, UT Health Science Center
Members of the council filled out rating sheets to assess how well applicants met the qualifications necessary for the next president. The rating sheets and comments about the applicants will be forwarded to the Presidential Search Committee, which is meeting Thursday.
Using the input from the council, the search committee will determine applicants to be invited for interviews and visits. As many as five applicants could be selected.
The first round of visits, consisting of an open forum and several meetings with the search committee, advisory council and other University staff and officials, will be held Oct. 12-13 at UT Knoxville.
For more information about the presidential search, go to http://president.tennessee.edu/search/.
Gina Stafford, (865) 974-0741, email@example.com.
Elizabeth Davis, (865) 974-5179, firstname.lastname@example.org