UT Board of Trustees Holds Fall Meeting Oct. 27-28 in Knoxville
October 20, 2011
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Oct. 27-28 in Knoxville.
The full board's meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 28, in the Hollingsworth Auditorium in the Ellington Plant Sciences Building on the UT Agriculture Campus.
The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing. For a link to the webcast, go to www.tennessee.edu.
Agenda items include:
- President's report
- Remarks by Institute of Agriculture Chancellor Larry Arrington
- Remarks by UT Knoxville Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek
- Strategic Plan – Phase 2 update
- Report by Trustee Charlie Anderson on Clemson University Top-25 visit
- President's recommendation for election and compensation of the vice president for development and alumni affairs
- FY 2012-2013 operating budget appropriations request
- FY 2012-2013 capital outlay and capital maintenance projects
- FY 2012-2013 revenue/institutionally funded projects
- Academic and clinical affiliations for cancer-related patient care, research and education
- Affiliation and services agreement with the UC Foundation Inc.
- Real property transactions
- FY 2011 Flight operations report
- Grant of expedited tenure
- UT Knoxville faculty handbook revision, promotion to full professor
- Statement of commitment to graduate medical education
- Establishment of the University Honors College at UTC
- 2011 Annual Report to the General Assembly
- UT Foundation policy on affiliated foundations
- Naming of the UTC Library Annex (auditorium)
- Naming of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Education
Various board committees will meet Oct. 27-28. All meetings will be held in Hollingsworth Auditorium. Here is a schedule of their meetings:
Thursday, Oct. 27
- 1 p.m. – Research, Outreach and Economic Development Committee
- 3:15 p.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
Friday, Oct. 28
- 8 a.m. – Executive and Compensation Committee
- 8:30 a.m. – Advancement and Public Affairs Committee
- 10:15 a.m. – Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee
- 1:30 p.m. – Full Board
The meeting's full agenda and materials will be posted at http://bot.tennessee.edu/.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend these meetings may contact one of the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Monday, Oct. 24.
Gina Stafford, Assistant Vice President and Director of Communications, (865) 974-0741, email@example.com
Elizabeth Davis, Assistant Director, (865) 974-5179, firstname.lastname@example.org