Board of Trustees and Six Committees to Meet Oct. 23-24 in Knoxville
October 15, 2008
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees and six of its committees will meet Oct. 23-24 in Knoxville.
The full board will meet at 1:15 p.m. EDT Friday, Oct. 24, in Hollingsworth Auditorium of the Ellington Plant Science Building on the Agriculture campus.
Some of the agenda items:
- Election of a new Chancellor for UT Knoxville
- Transition of UT Knoxville Audiology and Speech Pathology program and clinic operations to the UT Health Science Center in Memphis
- President's report on the university's strategic plan and scorecard
- FY 2010 operating budget appropriations request
- FY 2010 capital outlay, capital maintenance and revenue/institutionally funded projects
- Annual Flight Operations Report
- Report of the Committee on Effectiveness and Efficiency for the Future
- Naming of a new business building, a new music building and a new anthropology building at UT Knoxville
- Plan for the Comprehensive Presidential Performance Review
- Proposal of new degree programs at UT Chattanooga and UT Knoxville
The schedule for the meetings is as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 23
- Joint meeting of the Executive and Compensation and Trusteeship committees, 7:45 a.m., Room 104, New Business Building
- Research, Outreach and Economic Development, 8:30 a.m., Special Events Room, Fourth Floor, New Business Building
- Finance and Administration, 10:30 a.m., Room 104, New Business Building
Friday, Oct. 24
- Academic Affairs and Student Success, 8:30 a.m., Room 156-157, Plant Biotechnology Building
- Advancement and Public Affairs, 10:30 a.m., Room 156-157, Plant Biotechnology Building
On Oct. 22, the Association of Governing Boards will conduct a continuing education workshop on the respective roles and responsibilities of governing boards and administration of higher education institutions.
A Webcast of the full board meeting Friday will be available live and also archived at http://bot.tennessee.edu/.
For more information, contact Karen Collins at 865-974-5186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Board of Trustees, visit http://bot.tennessee.edu/.