About the Office of Academic Affairs and Student Success
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success serves as the principal staff liaison to the Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee of the UT Board of Trustees and in that capacity coordinates:
- Development and evaluation of the campus and system strategic plans and mission statements.
- Development of proposals for new academic programs and revisions of existing programs.
- Establishment of new academic organizations and structures such as major campuses, colleges and institutes.
- Development and revision of policies on admissions, progression and retention standards.
- Development and revision of student policies.
- Development and revision of faculty policies.
- Oversight of the University of Tennessee Press, which publishes high-quality works of original scholarship in selected fields as well as highly accurate and informative regional studies and literary fiction.
- Administrative responsibility for the UT educational programs offered by the Kingsport Center for Higher Education (KCHE). KCHE is an educational center supported by the City of Kingsport offering post secondary education to Tennesseans living in the tri-cities area. The Center represents a consortium of regionally accredited institutions in partnership with the City of Kingsport.
- Liaison to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation, Department of Education, Tennessee Diploma Project, Southern Regional Education Board’s Academic Common Market, and the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Provide institutional research support.
- Compliance with legislation concerning academic policies, practices and procedures.
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success
India F. Lane
Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success
Director of Institutional Research and Planning
Assistant Director of Institutional Research and Planning
Program Manager, Kingsport Center for Higher Education
Academic Compliance Coordinator
Administrative Coordinator I